The American Academy in Rome presents five shows by current Rome Prize Fellows:
1) The Idea of Realism/L'idea del realismo, curated by Rome Prize Fellow in Visual Arts Carl D'Alvia and Italian curator Christian Caliandro (featuring work by D'Alvia, Pesce Khete, Jackie Saccoccio (FAAR’05), Ward Shelley (FAAR’06), Giuseppe Stampone, Gian Maria Tosatti and Rome Prize Fellow in Visual Arts Nari Ward);
2) Dinner Conversation, a collaboration between Rome Prize Fellows Erik Adigard (Design) and Ross Altheimer (Landscape Architecture) with Dutch Affiliated Fellow Leonid Tsvetkov (Visual Art), including Tsvetkov’s Everyday Downfall;
3) Nine Parts of Two, a collaboration between Rome Prize Fellow William O'Brien (Architecture) and composer Wang Lu;
4) ScalaCupola, a collaborative installation by Rome Prize Fellows Erik Adigard (Design) and Jesse Jones (Musical Composition); and
5) Camera Obscura, the installation of a working replica of the proto-photographic device, curated by Rome Prize Fellow Beth Saunders (Modern Italian Studies). The installations will take place in the AAR Gallery and throughout the main building.
After 30 January 2013, the exhibition will be open by appointment only until February 27.
Please contact email@example.com.
The American Academy in Rome would like to thank the wine producer Azienda Agricola Magda Pedrini of Gavi for their generous contribution.