PART-TIME ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (ROME)
The American Academy in Rome is seeking a part-time Administration Assistant for its Rome office.
Under the guidance of the Assistant Director for Finance & Administration, the Administration Assistant provides billing and general administrative support to the Academy Finance Office
S/he must have proven ability for teamwork, strong public relations capabilities, cordiality and discretion in handling sensitive data, able to meet deadlines. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Italian is a must.
The position is part time (16 hours per week) and open to all in possession of a regular work permit for Italy. Although not essential, college degree is preferred.
Candidates are invited to send by email their CVs by Friday, March 31, 2017, to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject heading: Part-Time Administrative Assistant.
• Preparation, printing and distribution of weekly and monthly bills; control and cross check of all charges recorded in the Academy Hotel software;
• Control and cross check of meals lists;
• Settles guests accounts and prepares payment requests for outstanding balances, when necessary;
• Monthly reconciliation of specific G/L accounts in F.E.(Academy software);
• Recording and posting in F.E. of invoices and accounting documents when necessary, and related filing;
• Control of monthly bank accounts statement and bank reconciliation, when necessary;
• Control of telephone, gas and garbage tax bills;
• Secretarial assistance to the Assistant Director for Finance;
• Monthly bank reconciliation;
• Secretarial support for the preparation of occasional work contracts and related payments;
• Other duties which may be assigned such as: secretarial work for other Departments.
Part-time Communications & Programs Associate (NYC)
Based in New York City and reporting to the Director of Communications, the Associate supports the development and execution of communications and programming that advance AAR’s mission and work. S/he is a key member of the program planning team, helping to develop an annual schedule of U.S. programs, including CONVERSAZIONI | CONVERSATIONS: From the American Academy in Rome, among other events. S/he will conduct research on people, issues, trends, and events shaping the Academy’s mission, and participate in brainstorming and planning meetings. The Associate will also take a lead role in the implementation of these national programs.
The Communications & Programs Associate must have proven ability to manage multiple projects and work well within a complex and fast-paced environment, which is both interdisciplinary and intellectually rigorous. S/he must think strategically across a wide variety of program and communications issues and have the ability to write and present ideas orally in a clear and compelling way.
- Draft media releases, fact sheets, alerts, and advisories; manage media requests
- Brief and prepare members of senior staff for media interviews and events
- Manage volunteers, interns, and external consultants
- Oversee and maintain accurate and up-to-date information on aarome.org
- Manage the creation and distribution of quarterly press clippings
- Manage development of AAR collateral materials; maintain production calendar
- Manage press/social media editorial calendar; assist with media/outreach planning for AAR milestones and other opportunities
- Draft social media messages; execute posts in a timely fashion
- Manage media database via Raiser's Edge
- B.A.; 5+ years of professional experience in publications, editing, communications and/or public programming, including planning and strategy in a related institutional setting
- Ability to write and present complex ideas in a clear, direct and persuasive manner
- Understand the broad landscape of digital media, within a cultural and academic context and its potential for cultivating new audiences
- Exceptional communication (written, verbal) and interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and presentation and maturity
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial sensibility that thrives working independently and in a close-knit team
- Software competence: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Database management (e.g. Raiser's Edge)
- Masters degree
- Italian language proficiency
- Professional experience at a museum or similar cultural institution, and an academic concentration in one or more of the disciplines represented by AAR
- 20 - 25-hours per week; occasional evenings and weekends for events and programs.
Please use the following link to apply. We will contact those who meet our listed qualifications: