The Bridge Book Award Ceremony
You are cordially invited to the Bridge Book Award Ceremony, which will take place the American Academy in Rome on December 18, 2019, at 11:30am in the AAR Lecture Room.
- John Ochsendorf, Director, American Academy in Rome
- Rodney Ford, Cultural Attaché, United States Embassy to Italy
- Maria Ida Gaeta, Director, Casa delle Letterature di Roma
- Natale Rossi, President, Federazione Unitaria Italiana Scrittori
- Gabriele Pedullà and Francesco Pacifico, jurors
Winners of American section: Maaza Mengiste, fiction with The Shadow King (W. W. Norton); and Pamela O. Long (2004 Fellow), nonfiction with Engineering the Eternal City (University of Chicago Press).
Winners of Italian section: Romana Petri, fiction with Pranzi di famiglia (Neri Pozza); and Massimo Castoldi, nonfiction with Insegnare libertà (Donzelli).
Sponsored by the Embassy of the United States to Italy, the Casa delle Letterature di Roma, the Center for Fiction, the Federazione Unitaria Italiana Scrittori, the Centro per il Libro e la Lettura del Ministero dei Beni Culturali and the American Academy in Rome.