The Library and Archives are open.
Following the provisions of the Italian health authorities, access to the Library by non-resident readers is by appointment only. For the safety of our readers and the AAR community, access will be reduced to a limited number of readers from Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 6:00pm.
Access is granted only upon reservation. Reservations are personal and cannot be transferred to others. Reservations must be made at academyaccess.aarome.org. Prospective readers must fulfill the requirements and have completed the access procedures before making a reservation. Access will be limited to two days per week per reader to allow the largest number of readers to work at the Library.
The following safety measures apply:
- All Library readers and AAR visitors must have a valid Italian “Green Pass” or equivalent
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Regular hand washing or use of hand sanitizer
- Social distancing (2 meters)
- Maintaining a well-ventilated environment
For further information and to visit the Library, please access the reservation form at academyaccess.aarome.org.
For questions and suggestions, please contact Sebastian Hierl, Drue Heinz Librarian, at s.hierl [at] aarome.org.
Academy facilities are closed during most Italian national holidays as well as the fourth Thursday of November (American Thanksgiving) and on July 4 (American Independence Day).
The following applies to any visitor of the AAR Library:
- To enter the AAR Library, you need a photo ID (readers’ card; for new readers: ID)
- No bag, backpack, or luggage larger than 40 x 35 x 15 cm (16 x 14 x 6 in.) is permitted on the property. There is no possibility to leave large items at the gate